2015, 2016, 2017 Publications of F. Murtagh
(One below with a 2014 publication date.)
- New book: F. Murtagh, Data Science Foundations: Geometry and Topology
of Complex Hierarchic Systems and Big Data Analytics, Chapman and Hall/CRC Press
(Taylor and Francis), 2017.
Link to the publisher's web site,
already with reviews.
C. Hennig, M. Meila, F. Murtagh and R. Rocci, Eds.,
Handbook of Cluster Analysis, Chapman and Hall/CRC Press
(Taylor and Francis), 2015.
J.-L. Starck, F. Murtagh and J. Fadili, Sparse Image and Signal Processing:
Wavelets, Curvelets, Morphological Diversity, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
site, for software, images. 2nd edition:
Sparse Image and Signal Processing: Wavelets and Related Geometric Multiscale
- F. Murtagh and P. Contreras, "Clustering through high dimensional data scaling:
applications and implementations", Archives of Data Science, Series A,
2(1), 1-16, 2017.
Access to article.
- F. Murtagh, M. Orlov and B. Mirkin, "Qualitative Judgement of Research
Impact: Domain Taxonomy as a Fundamental Framework for Judgement of the Quality
of Research", Journal of Classification, in press, 2017.
F Murtagh, G Iurato,
"Visualization of Jacques Lacan's Registers of the Psychoanalytic Field,
and Discovery of Metaphor and of Metonymy. Analytical Case Study of Edgar
Allan Poe's "The Purloined Letter"", Language and Psychoanalysis, in press, 2017.
- F. Murtagh, G. Iurato, "Human behaviour, benign or malevolent: understanding
the human psyche, performing therapy, based on affective mentalization and
Matte-Blanco’s bi-logic", ATM, Annals of Translational Medicine,
Vol. 4, No. 24 (December) 2016.
Open access copy.
K. Englmeier and F. Murtagh, "What can we expect from data scientists?"
Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research,12(1),
i-iv, Jan. 2017.
- F. Murtagh and P. Contreras, "Direct reading algorithm for hierarchical
clustering", Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics, 56, 37-42, 2016.
- G. Iurato, A. Khrennikov, F. Murtagh,
"Formal foundations for the origins of human consciousness",
p-Adic Numbers, Ultrametric Analysis and Applications, 8(4), 249-279, 2016.
- Contribution to discussion following: Paul Allin and David Hand,
"New Statistics for Old? Measuring the Wellbeing of the UK", Journal of the
Royal Statistical Society, in press, 2016.
- F. Murtagh and P. Contreras, "Linear Storage and Potentially Constant Time
Hierarchical Clustering Using the Baire Metric and Random Spanning Path", in
Wilhelm, Adalbert F.X., Kestler, Hans A. (Eds.), Analysis of Large and Complex
Data, Springer, 2016, pp. 43-52.
- F. Murtagh, "Sparse p-Adic Data Coding for Computationally Efficient and
Effective Big Data Analytics",
p-Adic Numbers, Ultrametric Analysis and Applications, 8(3), 236-247, 2016.
- F. Murtagh, M. Pianosi, R. Bull,
"Semantic Mapping of Discourse and Activity,
Using Habermas's Theory of Communicative
Action to Analyze Process",
Quality and Quantity, 50(4), 1675--1694, 2016.
- F. Murtagh and M.J. Kurtz, "The
Classification Society's Bibliography
over four decades: History and content analysis", Journal of Classification,
33 (1), 6-29, 2016.
- F. Murtagh, "Pattern recognition of subconscious underpinnings of cognition using
ultrametric topological mapping of thinking and memory", International Journal
of Cognitive Informatics and Natural Intelligence (IJCINI), 8(4), 1-16, 2014.
- (Guest editor of Special Issue on Computational Psychoanalysis, foregoing journal).
F. Murtagh, "Guest editorial preface", pp. iv-v.
to journal site, with Guest Editorial Preface, foregoing article, and other
articles in this special issue.
- F. Murtagh, A. Ganz, "Pattern Recognition
in Narrative: Tracking Emotional Expression in Context",
Journal of Data Mining and Digital Humanities, Volume 2015, published May 26,
- F. Murtagh, discussion contribution in:
C. Varin, M. Cattelan, D. Firth,
"Statistical Modelling of Citation Exchange
between Statistics Journals" (Read Paper, Royal Statistical Society, 13 May 2015),
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society A, 179 (1), 1-63, 2016.
- F. Murtagh, discussion contribution in:
N. Keiding and T.A. Louis, "Perils and Potentials of Self-Selected Entry to
Epidemiological Studies and Surveys" (Read Paper, Royal Statistical Society,
12 August 2015), Journal of the Royal Statistical Society A, 179, (2),
- Y. Wang (U. Calgary), E.T. Rolls (U. Warwick), N. Howard (MIT),
V. Raskin (Purdue U.), W. Kinsner (U. Manitoba and TRLabs), F. Murtagh,
V.C. Bhavsar (U. New Brunswick), S. Patel (London South Bank U.), D. Patel (London
South Bank U.), S. Tsumoto (Shimane U.), and D.F. Shell (U. Nebraska-Lincoln),
"Cognitive informatics: from information revolution to intelligence revolution",
Intl. Jnl. of Software Science and Computation Intelligence, IJSSCI,
7(2), 50-69, 2015.
Chapters in Books:
- J.-L. Starck, F. Murtagh, M. Bertero,
Starlet Transform in Astronomical Data Processing,
in O. Scherzer, Ed., Handbook of Mathematical Methods in Imaging,
2nd edition, Springer, pp. 2053-2098, 2015.
(Contains 44 chapters, pp.
In Conference Proceedings:
- F.Murtagh, "Big data scaling through metric mapping: Exploiting the
remarkable simplicity of very high dimensional spaces using Correspondence
Analysis", in F. Palumbo, A. Montanari, M. Vichi, Eds.,
Data Science - Innovative Developments in Data Analysis and Clustering,
Springer, in press, 2017. Preprint.
- F. Murtagh, "Semantic Mapping: Towards Contextual and Trend Analysis of
Behaviours and Practices", in K. Balog, L. Cappellato, N. Ferro, C. MacDonald,
Working Notes of CLEF 2016 - Conference and Labs
of the Evaluation Forum, Évora, Portugal, 5-8 September, 2016,
pp. 1207-1225, 2016. This paper.
- Goeuriot, L., Mothe, J., Mulhem, P., Murtagh, F., SanJuan, E.:
Overview of the CLEF 2016 Cultural Microblog Contextualization Workshop, experimental
IR meets multilinguality, multimodality, and interaction,
Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference of the CLEF Association
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 9822, Springer, Heidelberg (2016)
- F. Murtagh and M. Farid, "The structure of argument: Semantic mapping of US
Supreme Court cases", A. Gammerman, V. Vovk and H. Papadopoulos, Eds, Statistical
Learning and Data Sciences, Springer Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI)
Volume 9047, 397-405, 2015.
- F. Murtagh and P. Contreras, "Random projection towards the Baire metric for
high dimensional clustering", A. Gammerman, V. Vovk and H. Papadopoulos, Eds,
Statistical Learning and Data Sciences, Springer Lecture Notes in Artificial
Intelligence (LNAI) Volume 9047, 424-431, 2015.
F. Murtagh and P. Contreras, "Linear storage and potentially constant time hierarchical
clustering using the Baire metric and random spanning paths",
A.F.X. Wilhelm and H.A. Kestler (eds.), Analysis of Large and Complex Data
(Studies in Classification, Data Analysis, and Knowledge Organization), Springer, 2016.
fm ur ta gh @ acm dot org